- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flatleaf parsley or basil
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, minced garlic, dried oregano, and red pepper; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until shrimp is opaque, about 3 minutes.
- 3. Drain linguine; return to the same pot. Add shrimp mixture and cheese to the linguine; toss well, and transfer to 4 serving plates. Top with parsley or basil.
- Wine note: The zesty shrimp linguine will match beautifully with the herbal notes and lively acidity of an Italian red from the Barbera grape. Look for Pio Cesare Barbera d'Alba, about $21.
- Calories: 432
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 193mg
- Iron: 6mg
- Sodium: 863mg
- Calcium: 197mg