Serve these generously stuffed mushrooms with Broiled Asparagus with Lemon. Put dinner on the table even more quickly by broiling the asparagus and portobellos simultaneously on the same baking sheet.
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 7 minutes
- 4 (5-inch) portobello caps
- Cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup refrigerated prechopped tomato, onion, and bell pepper mix
- 1 (8.5-ounce) pouch microwaveable cooked vegetable harvest whole grain rice medley (such as Uncle Ben's Vegetable Harvest Ready Rice)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Remove brown gills from the undersides of mushrooms using a spoon; discard gills. Place mushrooms, gill sides down, on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 minutes.
- 3. While mushrooms broil, heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add garlic and tomato mixture to pan. Sauté 2 minutes; remove from heat. Stir in rice, 3/4 cup cheese, and Worcestershire sauce.
- 4. Turn mushrooms over; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Divide rice mixture evenly among mushrooms; sprinkle evenly with 1/4 cup cheese. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Calories: 220
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 25.7g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 681mg
- Calcium: 227mg