Photo: James Baigrie; Styling: Karen Shinto
- 5 pounds large Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- About 1/2 tbsp. sea salt such as fleur de sel
1 Hour, 15 Minutes
Chill: 8 Hours
- 1. Peel potatoes and cut into 1 1/2-in. cubes. Put in a large bowl, cover with cold water, and refrigerate overnight.*
- 2. Preheat oven to 475°. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add potatoes and cook until barely tender when pierced, about 10 minutes. Pour into a colander and let drain and dry 10 minutes.
- 3. Set potatoes in a single layer in a large rimmed baking pan. Drizzle evenly with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 tbsp. salt; stir gently to coat.
- 4. Bake potatoes until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes, turning halfway through baking. Mound hot potatoes on a platter or in a shallow serving bowl; sprinkle with more salt to taste.
- *Soaking the potatoes at least a day (and up to 2 days) ahead makes them even crisper on the outside and creamier in the middle.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
- Calories: 255
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 383mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg