Be the first to rate it
Photo: Peden & Munk; Styling: Amy Wilson
- 1 small ripe pineapple (3 to 3 1/2 lbs.), or 1 qt. jarred or canned pineapple juice
- 4 ounces fresh ginger, scrubbed and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- About 3/4 cup sugar
Chill: 2 Hours
- 1. Cut off crown and peel from pineapple, then quarter pineapple lengthwise and core. Cut fruit into 1-in. chunks and whirl in a blender, a portion at a time, with 2 cups water until puréed. Pour purée through a fine strainer into a large bowl, squeezing pulp to remove all juice; discard pulp. (If using jarred juice, mix with 2 cups water in a bowl.)
- 2. Whirl ginger in blender with 2 more cups water until puréed. Pour through strainer into pineapple juice, squeezing liquid from pulp; discard pulp. Stir in lemon juice, then add sugar to taste.
- 3. Pour into a pitcher, cover, and chill until cold, at least 2 hours. Stir, then pour over ice.
- Make ahead: Up to 3 days, chilled.
- Calories: 130
- Calories from fat: 1.5%
- Protein: 0.8g
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 2.9mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg