Photo: Iain Bagwell; Prop Stylist: Heather Chadduck; Food Stylist: Ana Kelly
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 (4-oz.) sweet chocolate baking bar, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- German Chocolate Syrup
- Garnishes: coconut flakes, chocolate curls
Total: 55 Minutes
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together milk and next 4 ingredients in another bowl. Gradually stir milk mixture into flour mixture just until moistened. Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot buttered griddle or large nonstick skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked. Turn and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until done. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet, and keep warm in a 200° oven up to 30 minutes. Serve with German Chocolate Syrup.
- Note: When using a griddle, heat it to 350°.
- Tip: For tender pancakes, don't overmix the batter; it should be lumpy.