Photo: Romulo Yanes; Styling: Philippa Brathwaite
- 1 cup warm water (100° to 110°), divided
- 10 ounce bread flour (about 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 10 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 5 dozen small clams in shells, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1. Pour 3/4 cup warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attached. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and spoons; level with a knife. Add flour to 3/4 cup water; mix until combined. Cover and let stand 20 minutes. Combine remaining 1/4 cup water and yeast in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes or until bubbly. Add yeast mixture, 4 teaspoons oil, and salt to flour mixture; mix 5 minutes or until a soft dough forms. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray; cover surface of dough with plastic wrap lightly coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate 24 hours.
- 2. Remove dough from refrigerator. Let stand, covered, 1 hour or until dough comes to room temperature. Punch dough down. Press dough out to a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured baking sheet, without raised sides, sprinkled with cornmeal. Crimp edges to form a 1/2-inch border. Cover dough loosely with plastic wrap.
- 3. Prepare grill to high.
- 4. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add butter; swirl until butter melts. Add shallots; sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in wine and clams; bring to a boil. Cover and cook 8 minutes or until shells open; discard any unopened shells. Remove clams from pan using a slotted spoon. Strain cooking liquid through a fine sieve over a bowl, reserving solids. Reserve cooking liquid for another use. Remove clams from shells; discard shells. Chop clams; toss with reserved solids.
- 5. Place pizza dough, cornmeal side up, on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes or until blistered. Turn dough over; grill 3 minutes. Remove from grill. Spread clam mixture evenly over top side of crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with cheese. Return pizza to grill rack; grill 4 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Remove from grill. Sprinkle with parsley and oregano. Cut pizza into 10 wedges.
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 26.3g
- Carbohydrate: 51.2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Iron: 18.4mg
- Sodium: 435mg
- Calcium: 201mg