Iain Bagwell; Dan Becker
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup whole Medjool dates (about 5), halved and pitted
- 1 cup whole raw almonds with skins
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 cup dried plums (prunes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1. Preheat oven to 300°. Pour orange juice over dates and let soak 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, place almonds, dried apricots, and dried plums in a food processor and pulse a few times until coarsely chopped. Add salt and dates with orange juice and pulse until mixture starts to stick together. Add pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds, pulsing a few times just to incorporate.
- 3. Using wet hands, scoop mixture onto a work surface and form into a log about 1 3/4 in. wide and 1/2 in. thick. Use your palms to flatten into a bar, and cut bar into 8 equal pieces.
- 4. Arrange pieces about 1 in. apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, turn bars over and bake another 8 minutes, or until nuts are toasted (but before fruit begins to burn). Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per bar.
- Calories: 210
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sodium: 76mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg