1. Combine 6 tablespoons honey and wine in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1 1/2 cups (about 20 minutes); stir in Preserved Lemons.
2. Preheat oven to 375°.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until slightly tender. Transfer to a roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Place chicken, meaty side up, on top of onions. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons honey, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub honey mixture under chicken skin. Pour wine mixture over chicken in roasting pan.
5. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan, reserving wine mixture. Let chicken stand 10 minutes. Remove skin from chicken; discard.
6. Place a zip-top plastic bag inside a 2-cup glass measure. Strain wine mixture from pan through a fine sieve into bag; discard solids. Let stand 10 minutes (fat will rise to the top). Seal bag; carefully snip off 1 bottom corner of bag. Drain drippings into a small saucepan, stopping before fat layer reaches opening; discard fat. Add matzo meal to pan, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with chicken.