- 4 pounds baking potatoes (8 large)
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 40 minutes or until tender; drain and cool. Peel potatoes, and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Stir together potato and egg.
- Stir together mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients; gently stir into potato mixture. Serve immediately, or cover and chill, if desired.
- Red Potato Salad: Substitute 4 pounds red potatoes (8 large red potatoes) for baking potatoes.
- Potato Salad with Sweet Pickle: Add 1/3 cup sweet salad cube pickles to potato mixture.
- Potato Salad with Onion and Celery: Add 2 celery ribs, diced, and 1/2 small sweet onion, diced, to potato mixture.
- Light Potato Salad: Substitute 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise.