Great for salads because they hold their shape once cooked, these fingerling potatoes are steamed, which enables them to retain more nutrients than when boiled. The gremolata-inspired dressing (with parsley, lemon, and garlic) adds a twist to this side.
- 1/2 pound white fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 pound red fingerling potatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1. Steam potatoes, covered, 12 minutes or until tender. Cover and chill.
- 2. Combine juice, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; slowly add oil, stirring well with a whisk. Stir in rind and garlic; let stand 10 minutes. Stir in parsley and capers.
- 3. Cut potatoes into quarters; add potatoes to juice mixture, tossing to coat.
- Calories: 125
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 21.4g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 370mg
- Calcium: 16mg