Photo: Jeff Kauck; Styling: Andrea Kuhn
- 1 1/2 cups shelled fava beans (about 2 pounds unshelled)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 radicchio leaves
- Cook beans in boiling water 1 minute; drain. Plunge beans into ice water; drain. Remove tough outer skins from beans; discard skins. Place beans in a large bowl; set aside.
- Prepare grill.
- Thread shrimp evenly onto 6 (12-inch) skewers; brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle shrimp evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done. Cool slightly; remove shrimp from skewers. Add shrimp to beans.
- Combine remaining 5 teaspoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, juice, and garlic in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle juice mixture over shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Stir in parsley.
- Place 1 radicchio leaf on each of 4 salad plates; spoon 1 cup shrimp mixture into each leaf.
- Calories: 378
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 38g
- Carbohydrate: 35.4g
- Fiber: 14.3g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Iron: 6.8mg
- Sodium: 474mg
- Calcium: 125mg