1. Pat artichokes dry with paper towels; cut each into fourths.
2. Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat over medium-high heat to 350°.
3. Combine cornmeal, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Whisk together buttermilk and egg in another bowl.
4. Toss artichokes in flour. Dip in egg mixture, and dredge in cornmeal mixture, shaking off excess.
5. Fry artichokes, in batches, in hot oil 5 minutes or until tender and golden brown. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels. Serve with Mayo Mixtures.