1. In a food processor, whirl cookies into fine crumbs; you should have 1 1/2 cups. Pour into a 9-inch cheesecake pan with removable rim; add butter and mix. Press mixture over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of pan.
2. In a 1- to 2-quart pan over medium-high heat, combine cream and coffee beans. Bring to a simmer, remove from heat, cover, and let stand 1 hour. Pour mixture through a fine strainer, pressing to extract as much of the liquid as possible (the finer grounds will pass through the strainer); discard residue.
3. In a bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl, if necessary. Beat in cream mixture and vanilla. Pour into crust-lined pan.
4. Bake in a 300º regular or convection oven until center barely jiggles when cake is gently shaken, about 1 hour.
5. Run a thin-bladed knife between cake and pan rim. Refrigerate cake until cool, at least 3 hours, or up to 2 days (see notes).
6. To serve, remove pan rim and cut cake into wedges.