Photo: Karry Hosford
- 1 pound Japanese eggplant, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into1/4-inch-thick slices
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Arrange eggplant slices in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Coat slices with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt. Bake at 375° for 16 minutes, turning eggplant over after 8 minutes. Combine cheese, oregano, pepper, and garlic in a bowl.
- Arrange half of eggplant slices in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange half of tomato slices over eggplant slices. Top with half of zucchini slices; sprinkle with half of cheese mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining eggplant slices, tomato slices, zucchini slices, and cheese mixture.
- Bake, covered, at 375° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and cheese is golden brown.
- Calories: 87
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 11.2g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 257mg
- Calcium: 140mg