Be the first to rate it
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 eggplants, peeled and slived 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (27 3/4 oz.) jar garden-style pasta sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine eggs and water in a shallow bowl. Dip eggplant slices into egg mixture. Arrange slices in a single layer on a greased baking sheet; bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; set aside. Spread small amount of sauce in an ungreased 13"x9" baking pan; layer half the eggplant, one cup sauce and one cup crumb mixture. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10 more minutes. Cut into squares.