Make an easy holiday pound cake by starting with a box of pound cake mix and adding eggnog and ground nutmeg. Not only is it perfect for holiday entertaining, you can also toast a few slices and top with jam or preserves for breakfast.
This recipe goes with Eggnog Cupcakes
- 1 (16-oz.) package pound cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups eggnog
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Total: 2 Hours, 25 Minutes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat all ingredients together at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Increase speed to medium, and beat 2 minutes. Pour into a lightly greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).