Be the first to rate it
Photo: Charles Walton IV; Styling: Buffy Hargett
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15.5-oz.) container ready-to-spread chocolate frosting (optional)
- Garnish: fresh raspberries
Other Time: 5 Hours, 38 Minutes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat first 3 ingredients at medium-low speed with an electric mixer until combined. Increase speed to medium, and beat until well blended and crumbly. Pat mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla, beating just until blended. Pour over baked crust.
- 3. Bake at 350º for 25 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours; cut into bars.
- 4. If desired, spoon frosting into a zip-top plastic freezer bag. (Do not seal.) Snip 1 corner of bag to make a small hole. Pipe a frosting monogram on each bar. Garnish, if desired.