Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Linda Hirst
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham or prosciutto
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups firmly packed baby kale or spinach leaves
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook ham slices in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute on each side (to remove excess water). Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- 2. Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Add kale, and cook 1 minute or until wilted.
- 3. Place ham in bottoms of 4 (6-ounce) lightly greased ramekins. Top evenly with kale mixture. Break 1 egg into each dish; top each egg with 1 tablespoon cream, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4. Place ramekins on a baking sheet, and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until eggs are set.