- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11.5-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks
- 2 (1.55-ounce) milk chocolate candy bars, grated
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Bake: 14 Minutes
- Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Pulse oats in a food processor to a fine powder. Combine oats, flour, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chunks, grated chocolate bars, and pecans. Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 10 to 14 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Hershey's milk chocolate candy bars.