Photo: Jonny Valiant; Styling: Linda Hirst
- 8 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons finely minced shallot
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Black and red caviar
Chill: 1 Hour
Total: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- 1. Place eggs in a single layer in a large saucepan; add cold water to a depth of 3 inches, and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 11 minutes.
- 2. Drain eggs, and return to saucepan; run eggs under cold water until cool enough to handle. Peel under cold running water.
- 3. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop yolks into a bowl, reserving egg whites. Mash yolks with a fork. Stir in mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients until well blended. Pipe or spoon yolk mixture into reserved egg whites; cover and chill 1 hour. Garnish with caviar just before serving.