- 6 cups hot water
- 1 (0.3-ounce) bottle yellow liquid food coloring
- 1/2 (0.3-ounce) bottle blue liquid food coloring
- 1/2 (0.3-ounce) bottle green liquid food coloring
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 12 large unpeeled hard-cooked eggs, with shells cracked
- 1/2 cup instant potato flakes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add eggs, and let stand 1 hour. Remove and drain on paper towels. Peel eggs to reveal pattern on whites.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise; carefully remove yolks. Mash yolks; stir in potato flakes and next 5 ingredients until blended.
- Spoon the yolk mixture evenly into egg white halves. Attach 2 halves, gently pressing together stuffed sides.