Photo: Jessica Snead
Everyone's favorite indulgent fair food is quick and easy to make at home. Pancake mix creates a fluffy, golden-brown fried dough and yields a warm and melty oreo creme center!
1. Freeze 18 Oreo cookies for about an hour.
2. Fill a heavy cooking pot with 2-3 inches of cooking oil and heat to 375°F.
3. Combine pancake mix, milk, egg, and 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in large bowl and whisk until smooth.
4. Dip a cookie in the mixture and completely cover it so you can’t see through the batter.
5. Carefully drop the coated cookie(s) in the hot oil and fry on each side just until golden brown.
6. Remove cookie from oil with tongs and drain on paper towels.
7. Dust with confectioner’s sugar and enjoy while still warm.