1. Heat oil to between 325 and 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine milk, flour, cornmeal, eggs, sugar, salt, and baking powder until moistened and no lumps remain.
3. Dip hot dog sections into the batter, remove them with a fork and allow the excess batter to drip away for a couple of seconds. Carefully place battered hot dog into oil.
4. Allow each mini corn dog to cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
5. Remove corn dogs from oil and let drain on a paper towel.
6. Allow to cool a bit before serving. Enjoy!