Be the first to rate it
- 6 ounces thick or thin rice-flour noodles (ban pho)
- 2-3 tablespoons green curry paste (such as Thai Kitchen)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound beef sirloin fillet
- 3 scallions, halved, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise with a vegetable peeler
- 1 seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 12 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- Handful of fresh mint
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent noodles from sticking together; reserve.
- 2. Combine the curry paste, coconut milk, half the cilantro, lime zest and juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; mix well. (This mixture may be made up to 2 days ahead; refrigerate in an airtight container.) Transfer the steak to a roasting pan; rub with 2-3 tablespoons of the curry mixture.
- 3. Broil (or grill) the steak until medium-rare (about 4 minutes per side); transfer to a plate.
- 4. Arrange scallions, carrots, cucumbers, and reserved noodles on a large platter. Brush steak with more curry sauce. Thinly slice steak, and transfer to the platter. Drizzle remaining sauce over salad; sprinkle with remaining cilantro, peanuts, and mint.
- Calories: 405
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 477mg
- Calcium: 78mg