Prep time: 15 min.
Baking time: 22 min.
Decoration time: 30 min.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the cupcake pans with the paper cupcake liners.
2. Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cupcake pans, filling each cupcake halfway.
3. Bake for approximately 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
4. Arrange the cupcakes into a large heart shape on the cardboard or serving tray, snuggling them close together.
5. Tint the frosting purple by combining red and blue food coloring. Once again, press the cupcakes together, making the spaces in between as small as possible. Frost the cupcakes as if they were one big heart cake, covering the spaces in between.
6. Line the outside edges of the heart with a continuous line of red M&M'S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for Valentine's Day. Randomly arrange the remaining M&M'S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for Valentineï¿½s Day over the center of the heart.