- 1 English cucumber (12 oz).
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1. Rinse, peel (if desired) and thinly slice 1 English cucumber (12 oz.). In a bowl, mix cucumber with 1 teaspoon salt. Let stand until cucumber is wilted, about 45 minutes. Rinse and drain; squeeze excess liquid from cucumber and return to rinsed bowl.
- 2. Add 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar, 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil, 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature or cold.
- 3. Shortly before serving, sprinkle salad with about 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds.
- Calories: 51
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 0.9g
- Fat: 2.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 6.1g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 96mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg