Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Gerri Williams
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 7 ounces dried apricots (about 18)
Chill: 20 Minutes
Total: 50 Minutes
- 1. Place almonds in a dry skillet over medium heat. Cook, shaking pan often, until nuts are fragrant and lightly toasted, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; chop finely when cool.
- 2. Bring 1 inch of water to a simmer in a small pan. Place chocolate in a small heatproof bowl over simmering water. Let stand until chocolate is almost melted, about 5 minutes. Remove bowl from heat and stir chocolate until smooth.
- 3. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Working one at a time, dip about 3/4 of an apricot into chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Gently dip chocolate-covered part of apricot into chopped nuts and transfer to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining apricots, chocolate and nuts. Place in refrigerator until set, at least 20 minutes. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Calories: 48
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 0.0mg