Bring inspired French flavor to your brunch table this weekend. Stale croissants work best in this recipe, so pick them up mid-week and try to resist the temptation to gobble them up before it's time. Top with fresh strawberry syrup and sweetened whipped cream.
- 4 large day-old croissants
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Sweetened Whipped Cream (optional)
- Fresh Strawberry Syrup
- Slice croissants in half lengthwise.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, and vanilla. Pour into a shallow dish. Dip croissant halves into egg mixture, coating well.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add four croissant halves, and cook about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat procedure with remaining butter and croissant halves. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; top with Sweetened Whipped Cream, if desired, and Fresh Strawberry Syrup.