Easy and delicious! Everyone raves about this simple soup.
1. Place first 6 ingredients into slow cooker
2. Brown sausages
3. Meanwhile, chop potatoes and kale, add to slow cooker
4. Add sausage to slow cooker
5. Cook on low 8-10 hours
6. Place ~1/2 cup broth in a bowl, whisk in sour cream, stir mixture into soup
7. Serve with crusty bread (and wine!)
Note - The hard cheese rind will give the soup (especially the potatoes) a lot of flavor without the stinginess of the cheese itself. If you can't find hard cheese rinds at the cheese counter, just garnish each serving with 1 tbsp. shredded Pecorino or Parmesan cheese.