1. Place peanut oil in a large Dutch oven or deep fryer. Clip a candy/frying thermometer to the side of pot; heat oil to 385°.
2. Place noodles in a bowl, and pour enough boiling water over to cover by 1 inch. Let stand 20 minutes; drain well. Cut noodles with scissors into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
3. Combine shallots, garlic, and lemongrass in a food processor, and process until finely chopped. Add mushrooms; pulse until finely chopped. Add sesame oil and next 4 ingredients (through ginger); process until well combined. Combine noodles, mushroom mixture, carrot, and pork in a large bowl, stirring until well blended.
4. Working with 1 spring roll pastry at a time (cover the remaining wrappers with a damp towel so they don't dry out), place the wrapper on a smooth work surface in a diamond pattern, with a corner edge pointing up and another pointing down. Place about 2 tablespoons pork mixture in the middle of pastry. Brush top point of pastry with water. Fold sides of pastry over filling; roll up jelly-roll fashion, starting from bottom. Gently press seam to seal. Repeat procedure with remaining pastry and filling to form 26 rolls.
5. Working in batches, place 5 spring rolls in 385° oil; fry 7 minutes or until golden and crisp, turning as necessary. Make sure oil temperature does not drop below 375°. Remove rolls with a slotted spoon; drain on a rack over paper towels. Return oil to 385°. Repeat the procedure with remaining spring rolls and oil, making sure oil temperature does not drop below 375°. Serve immediately.