- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 9 cups (1-inch) sliced zucchini (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 5 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 16 (1/4-inch-thick) slices French bread baguette (about 4 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 3/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and minced garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add zucchini, broth, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until zucchini is very tender. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Place half of the zucchini mixture in a blender; cover tightly, and process until smooth. Pour pureed zucchini mixture into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining zucchini mixture. Place pureed zucchini mixture in pan. Cook over low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Coat bread with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until toasted. Rub bread with cut sides of garlic clove.
- Place parsley, tarragon, and chives in a small bowl. Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Pour over parsley mixture; toss well.
- Spoon 1 cup soup into each of 8 bowls. Divide parsley mixture evenly over toasted bread slices. Top each serving with 2 bread slices. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 125
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 19.2g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 558mg
- Calcium: 45mg