Photo: Jim Franco; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
- 4 large carrots (about 1 1/2 lb.), halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large turnips (about 2 lb.), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces*
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved (quartered, if large)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 4 teaspoons molasses
Total: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly grease 2 large jelly-roll pans; place carrots and turnips in one pan and Brussels sprouts in second pan. Divide rosemary and next 3 ingredients between carrot mixture and Brussels sprouts; toss each to coat.
- 2. Bake both pans at 400° at the same time. Bake carrot mixture 30 minutes, stirring once; add cranberries, and bake 5 minutes or until carrots and turnips are tender and browned and cranberries begin to soften. Bake Brussels sprouts 15 to 20 minutes or until tender and browned, stirring once.
- 3. Remove vegetables from oven, and combine in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with molasses, and toss to coat.
- *2 lb. parsnips may be substituted.