- 1/3 cup sesame seed
- 1/3 cup hulled sunflower seed, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 3 1/2 cups crisp toasted rice cereal
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- About 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 7 cups (12 oz.) miniature marshmallows
- 1. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium heat, stir sesame seed, sunflower seed, pecans, and almonds until sesame seed is pale gold, about 3 minutes. Add coconut and stir until sesame seed and coconut are golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in cereal and cranberries. Remove from heat.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 5- to 6-quart pan, combine peanut butter, 2 tablespoons butter, and marshmallows. Stir often over low heat until marshmallows melt and mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Add cereal mixture and mix quickly to coat evenly. Pour into a buttered 9- by 13-inch pan or dish. Cover with foil and, using pot holders to protect your hands, press firmly to make an even layer. At once, peel off foil.
- 4. Cool or chill until mixture is set. Cut into 24 bars, each about 1 1/2 by 3 inches. Serve, or store airtight at room temperature up to 3 days.
- Calories: 143
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Protein: 2.4g
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 66mg
- Cholesterol: 3mg