- 1 cup almonds, pecans or walnuts
- 1 pound chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup dried fruit, such as cranberries, raisins or sour cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread nuts evenly on a baking sheet and toast in oven for 10 minutes. Coarsely chop nuts and set aside.
- Line same baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Place half of chocolate in a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat, add remaining chocolate and stir occasionally until smooth.
- Stir nuts and fruit into chocolate and then pour mixture onto paper on baking sheet, spreading 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Let cool at room temperature until set, about 2 hours. (You can refrigerate chocolate to speed process, but chocolate may discolor.)
- Break bark into large, jagged pieces and wrap in cellophane or pack in boxes.
- Calories: 242
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 4mg