Prep time: 15 min.
Baking time: 35 min.
Decoration time: 30 min.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the cake pan with wax paper. Grease and flour pan and set aside.
2. Prepare cake mix according to instructions on box. Pour batter into prepared cake pan and smooth top. Bake until cake is golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (approximately 32-37 minutes). Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes. Invert and cool completely.
3. Using the printable template cut out cake to create boot shape and place on serving platter or cardboard covered with aluminum foil. Mix the vanilla frosting with 1 tablespoon of the milk chocolate frosting. Spread this light brown frosting over the cake making it as smooth as possible. Place cake into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
4. Using a clean kitchen towel or paper towel, lightly pat towel over cake to create the texture. (By allowing the cake to be refrigerated for 30 minutes it is not as sticky and can be lightly touched.)
5. Spoon the remaining milk chocolate frosting into a small re-sealable bag. Snip a small corner from the bag. Pipe stitching down side and at toe and heel. Spread the remaining chocolate frosting over tip and heel. Attach the TWIX® Brand Miniatures as the heel.
6. Arrange M&M'S® around cake as decoration on boot.