- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes such as Sweet 100s (about 10 oz.), rinsed, stemmed, and halved if larger than 3/4 inch
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ounces fresh chèvre (goat) cheese, crumbled
- 1. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir onion in olive oil until limp, 5 to 7 minutes. Add corn and stir often just until tender to bite, 5 to 6 minutes.
- 2. Pour mixture into a wide serving bowl and stir in tomatoes, basil, and vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Sprinkle goat cheese over salad; serve warm or at room temperature.
- Cutting kernels: An average ear of corn weighs from 10 to 14 ounces and yields about 1 cup of kernels. To remove them, with a large, sharp knife, cut off and discard the stem end of each ear down to the beginning of the kernels. Pull off and discard the husks and silks; rinse ears. Holding each ear upright, shear off the kernels close to the cob.
- Calories: 159
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Sodium: 70mg
- Cholesterol: 7.5mg