Be the first to rate it
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill Jenkins
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half, divided
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamias
- 1 tablespoon minced dried pineapple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cook first 3 ingredients and 1/2 cup half-and-half in a large heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 2 to 3 minutes to wash down sugar crystals from sides of pan.
- Uncover and cook, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 242° (firm ball stage). Add 1/2 cup half-and-half, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 12 minutes or until candy thermometer returns to 242°. Repeat procedure with remaining 1/2 cup half-and-half. Stir in flaked coconut and remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a buttered 9-inch square pan. Cool and cut into 1 1/2-inch logs; wrap individually in wax paper.
Butter your knife to ease cutting.Southern Living