Coconut cakes are always showstoppers at family gatherings. Package all that delicious dessert flavor into a pint-sized liner for a single-serving treat that's a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Instead of paper liners, use the shiny kind instead to dress the cupcakes up.
- 2 3/4 cups butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons each vanilla and almond extracts
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut, plain or toasted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar
1 Hour, 25 Minutes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream together 2 cups butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in 1 1/2 teaspoons each vanilla and almond extracts.
- 2. In another large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter and sugar mixture in 3 batches, alternating with coconut milk. Stir 1 cup flaked coconut into the batter.
- 3. Fill 30 paper-lined muffin cups (1/2-cup capacity) in two or more muffin pans about 2/3 full with batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing muffins from pans. Cool completely.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, 3/4 cup butter, and 1/2 teaspoon each vanilla and almond extract until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cupcake.
- Calories: 359
- Calories from fat: 58%
- Protein: 3.1g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 282mg
- Cholesterol: 82mg