1. Place granulated sugar and butter in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 3 minutes). Add corn syrup, vanilla, and egg; beat 3 minutes or until well blended.
2. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; stir just until combined. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 375°.
4. Combine turbinado sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Shape dough into 56 balls, using about 1 teaspoon of dough each. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
5. Bake at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden on bottom. Cool on wire racks.
Young Chefs can:
- Roll dough balls in cinnamon-sugar, and place on baking sheet
- Help combine dry ingredients for cookie dough
Older Chefs can:
- Shape dough into balls
- Stir together sugar and cinnamon