Be the first to rate it
Photo: J. Savage Gibson; Styling: Alicia Frazier
- 2 pounds ground round
- 2 cups water
- 2 (6-ounce) cans no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped onion
- Combine ground round and water in a 4-quart pressure cooker; stir with a fork until thoroughly blended. Stir in tomato paste and next 12 ingredients.
- Cover cooker with lid, and seal securely; place pressure control over vent and tube. Cook over high heat until pressure control rocks back and forth quickly. Reduce heat until pressure control rocks occasionally; cook 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; run cold water over cooker to reduce pressure. Carefully remove lid.
- Remove and discard bay leaves, stirring well. Serve chili over hot spaghetti, and top with cheese and onion. Serve with oyster crackers.