Nothing short of spicy, the Chipotle Dressing packs a punch in Chopped Chicken Taco Salad. If you prefer a milder dressing in this main-dish salad, tame the heat by using less adobo sauce. For more fire, add more sauce 1 teaspoon at a time.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 canned chipotle in adobo, seeded, plus 1 1/2 tsp. adobo
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small avocado, peeled, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 large tortilla chips
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush chicken all over with oil; season with salt and pepper. Oil grill. Grill chicken until cooked through, turning once, about 10 minutes total. Cut chicken into small cubes and refrigerate.
- 2. Brush corn with butter. Oil grill. Grill corn, turning occasionally, until just tender and slightly charred on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes total. Transfer corn to a cutting board to cool. When corn is cool enough to handle, use a sharp knife to carefully slice kernels off cob. Discard cob. Place kernels in a large bowl and refrigerate.
- 3. Blend mayonnaise, buttermilk, chipotle, adobo, cumin, cilantro, lime juice and 1/4 tsp. salt in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- 4. Place lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, avocado, onion and black beans in bowl with corn. Add dressing to taste and gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Top with chips and serve immediately.
- Calories: 494
- Fat: 34g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 981mg