Photo: Ralph Anderson
- 4 sticks (2 cups) LAND O LAKES Butter or Margarine, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Add flour to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Mix at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine 1 cup batter and chocolate syrup, stirring until blended.
- Divide remaining batter in half; pour 1 portion into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Spoon half of chocolate batter on top; repeat layers. Gently swirl batter with a knife.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.