Be the first to rate it
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. unsweetened dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Garnish: 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Place chocolate and butter together in a microwave-safe bowl; heat on high setting just until melted. Cool until just warm.
- Blend together eggs and sugar until light and foamy. Add flour and salt; mix well. Pour in chocolate mixture; blend until smooth. Spoon batter into 12 paper-lined muffin cups; sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over tops.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until toothpick tests clean. Remove from oven; arrange several marshmallows on top of each cupcake. Broil just until marshmallows turn golden. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes to cool slightly.