1. Preheat oven to 350˚.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add the eggs and one teaspoon of vanilla, mix until well blended.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the baking soda, salt, flour and cocoa powder. At low speed, stir into the creamed mixture until smooth.
4. For the bottom half of the sandwich, drop 25 balls of the dough by tablespoon, 1 inch apart onto a parchment-lined baking tray. Bake 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and slightly flatten the bottom with a spatula. Cool on a rack.
5. For the top half, make 25 balls. Dip one side of each ball into the almond slices and place 1 inch apart onto a parchment-lined baking tray. Bake 7-8 minutes. Cool on a rack.
6. For the filling: cream together the peanut butter, hazelnut spread, remaining vanilla and powdered sugar.
7. Whip in the heavy cream.
8. Place the mixture into a gallon zip bag. Squeeze the mixture to one corner, cut a 1/4 inch tip off the corner of the bag. Pipe one tablespoon of filling on each of the bottom cookie halves.
9. Top with almond covered half of cookie. Refrigerate until ready to serve.