Dark chocolate and bitter orange offset the sweetness of candy corn in these fun but fancy truffles. Prep and Cook Time: about 30 minutes, plus at least 2 1/2 hours to chill. You'll need 64 fluted 1-inch paper candy cups for this recipe.
- 18 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-processed)
- 64 candy corns (about 3 oz.)
- 1. Line an 8- by 8-in. baking pan with a 12- by 17-in. sheet of foil or waxed paper.
- 2. In a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of hot water, use a heatproof spatula or wooden spoon to stir together chocolate, cream, Grand Marnier, and marmalade until chocolate is melted. Scrape chocolate mixture into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- 3. Chill until firm, at least 2 1/2 hours or (covered with plastic wrap) up to 1 week.
- 4. Put cocoa powder in a shallow bowl. Remove chocolate mixture from pan. With a long, sharp knife, cut chocolate mixture into 64 squares, each about 3/4 in. wide. Roll squares in cocoa powder to coat; place 1 square in each paper cup.
- 5. Gently press a candy corn into the top of each truffle. Store between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per truffle.
If you don't want to use the orange liqueur, you can replace it with 11/2 tablespoons of orange juice.Sunset
- Calories: 62
- Calories from fat: 55%
- Protein: 0.5g
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 7.9g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 8.3mg
- Cholesterol: 5.1mg