1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
2. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, five spice, cinnamon, and salt. Stir or beat into butter mixture until well incorporated. Stir in oats and almonds.
3. Drop dough in 1 1/2-tablespoon portions, 1 1/2 inches apart, onto buttered 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
4. Bake cookies in a 350° oven until golden, 12 to 15 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking.
5. With a wide spatula, transfer cookies to racks to cool. If hot cookies start to break, slide a thin spatula under them to release; let stand on pan to firm up, 2 to 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.