1. Mix beef with eggs, 1/2 cup salsa, bread crumbs, onion, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
2. Pack half the meat mixture flat into a 5- by 9-inch loaf pan.
3. Cut green chilies into 1/2-inch strips and arrange over the meat. Sprinkle with half the cheese.
4. Pack remaining meat mixture over chili-cheese layer.
5. Bake in a 400° oven until well browned, 55 to 60 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and let stand about 10 minutes.
6. Cut meat loaf into thick slices and lift out with a wide spatula. Serve with sour cream, remaining salsa, and salt and pepper to taste.