Juicy, ripe peaches in peak season are key for this recipe. If your peaches are firm, let them stand on the kitchen counter for a few days until they're soft to the touch and have an enticing aroma. While the chicken and vegetables grill, prepare the chipotle-peach sauce.
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 8 thighs)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 2 medium peaches, peeled, pitted, and quartered
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; coat with cooking spray. Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 12 minutes or until done, turning chicken once.
- 3. While chicken cooks, puree peaches, honey, chile, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor. Reserve 3/4 cup chipotle-peach sauce to serve with chicken; brush remaining 1/2 cup sauce over chicken during last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with: Grilled Corn and Red Pepper Salad
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast Weeknight Meals, Oxmoor House
- Calories: 307
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Protein: 31.1g
- Carbohydrate: 15.1g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 112mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 423mg
- Calcium: 20mg