Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 2 (4.5-oz.) cans chopped green chiles, drained
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (8-oz.) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 (8-inch) soft taco-size flour tortillas
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Tomatillo Salsa
Total: 2 Hours, 45 Minutes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add spinach and green chiles; sauté 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Stir in chicken and next 3 ingredients, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until cheeses melt. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up tortillas.
- 2. Place rolled tortillas, seam sides down, in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Lightly coat tortillas with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Top with Tomatillo Salsa.
- To Make Ahead: Prepare recipe as directed through Step 2. Cover and chill overnight. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Uncover and proceed as directed in Step 3.