Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Buffy Hargett
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded pepper Jack cheese*
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 (8-inch) soft taco-size flour tortillas
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (8-oz.) bottle green taco sauce
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- Toppings: chopped tomatoes, chopped avocado, sliced green onions, sliced black olives, coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
Total: 45 Minutes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll tortillas up.
- 2. Place rolled tortillas, seam sides down, in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Lightly coat tops of tortillas with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4. Stir together taco sauce and 8-oz. container sour cream. Spoon over hot enchiladas, and sprinkle with desired toppings.
- *Monterey Jack cheese may be substituted.
- To Make Ahead: Prepare recipe as directed through Step 2. Cover with aluminum foil, and chill overnight, or freeze up to 1 month. If frozen, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Proceed with recipe as directed in Steps 3 and 4.